1. Target the Right KeywordsKeywords are the foundation of your PPC campaign, but it’s not just a matter of picking a few words and phrases and moving on. As an example, say you want to target the keyword “audiologist,” but you provide hearing care services to adults only. In this case, you probably won’t want to pay for traffic coming from searches for “pediatric audiologist.” Luckily, Google allows you to specify which keywords, phrases, and variations to target and which to exclude, so that you’re only paying for qualified leads.
2. Use Negative KeywordsNegative keywords are words or phrases that will not trigger an ad when they’re searched for. For example, you can specify that no ads be displayed for the keyword phrase “audiologist job,” knowing that this phrase isn’t relevant to your website and services. By using negative keywords, you’ll ensure that anyone performing this search will never see your ad.
3. Improve Your Quality ScoresDid you know that Google actually judges and ranks your performance for each keyword? You’ll receive a Quality Score of 1-10 for each keyword, which is based on the quality of your ads and landing pages. Having a high Quality Score indicates that Google views your ads and landing pages as relevant and useful to someone searching for that particular keyword. Quality Scores can be found in your Adwords dashboard. You can increase your Quality Score for each keyword by optimizing your PPC ad copy, optimizing your landing pages, and ensuring the relevancy of your keywords to your ads and landing pages.
4. Optimize Your Landing PagesOptimizing your landing pages is beneficial for two reasons: 1) it will improve your Quality Scores, and 2) you’ll convert more sales and increase your click-through-rates. What can you do to improve your landing pages? Start by ensuring that your page has relevant and persuasive copy, search-friendly titles and descriptions, and fast load times.
5. Run Split-Testing OftenThe great thing about PPC advertising is the constant, real-time feedback you get on the performance of all of your ads. This makes it incredibly easy to run different sets of ad copy at the same time. Then, you can see which ads perform best, which you should drop, and which should be modified. Repeating this process over time will raise your click-through-rates and lower your overall costs.
Is your PPC advertising optimized to attract the most patients at the lowest cost? The PPC experts at MedPB can help you target the right keywords, avoid the wasteful ones, and optimize your Quality Scores for the best results. Talk to us to discover how many more patients you could be seeing each month with PPC advertising.