A. During the holidays people are in the habit of spending B. They’re making lists of things they wantAdd these two together, and the BIG SECRET is people are more likely to buy big ticket items for themselves over the holidays too! Instead of assuming that hearing aid sales will be slow over the holidays, what would happen if you did the opposite? What would happen if you leveraged A and B above to make the holiday season your best ever? You could sell more hearing aids in December than any other month of the year if you wanted to. You’d just need a few simple medical marketing ideas to use. Here are 11 you can use:
- An email to quick get their hearing aid checked before the end of the year
- A holiday party where existing clients are invited to bring a friend who needs a hearing aid
- An offer of free batteries for clients who come in during the holiday season to check out the latest hearing aid technology
- Hold an End of Year Inventory Blowout. This month, clean your shelves of the specials you took advantage of, get rid of any stock hearing aids, and bring in Tested-Not-Sold and other budget-conscious patients.
- Invite patients to stop by for an ugly Christmas sweater competition at the office. Offer a free hearing evaluation as a prize. Once you’ve picked the winning sweater, notify the local paper and send them pictures of the event and the lucky winner.
- Give small gifts to everyone who comes into the office for a hearing screening to build awareness for hearing loss.
- Tap into patients’ giving spirit during the holidays and let them know that more patient reviews are on your wish list. And give them the link to your Online Review Builder™ system.
- Go to every Christmas party you can fit into your calendar. Then when it inevitably gets loud and impossible to hear what people are saying, just hand out your card to everyone who says, “what?”
- Rent a mini-airstream trailer, decorate it with lights and greens for the holidays and take a tour around town to provide free hearing testing. You’ll get noticed, and when you show potential patients how much they’re missing, you’ll sell more hearing aids.
- Send out a mailer with the theme “Hear what you could miss over the holidays! Come in by December 20th, and we’ll have you hearing better by Christmas!” You can run this as a database mailer in January, too.
- Use your website and social media to promote your holiday specials or holiday events. Whether you do one or three or all ten of these, get into the holiday spirit and have some fun with your medical marketing. When you do, new patients will join you.
If you’re looking for more patients, try this.