How can you tell if your online Audiology marketing is working? Uncover the real truth.
Which of the following is the most important to your success:
– Top location on Google searches?
– Number of phone calls you’re getting?
– Number of positive reviews on third party sites like Yelp or Google reviews?
– Number of appointments you’re scheduling?
– Amount of traffic to your website?
– Number of positive comments you get on how your website looks?
Which did you pick?
Here’s what most practice owners do.
They pick a keyword phrase, search on it, and see if their site turns up in the top rankings on Google. Which sounds like a good idea, but it’s only one limited measure of the success of your online marketing!
Yes, rankings are one indicator of the success of your online marketing and a poor one at that. Everybody likes top rankings, but let’s put them in perspective.
Imagine it’s a hot summer day, and there is a nice breeze blowing, and you’d like to cool off your house. Yes, you could open the front door or you could open all the windows in the house. The latter are typically smaller, but add them up and you’ll get 10 times the amount of air cooling your house.
The web is the same. Yes, who doesn’t like to see their site ranked in a top spot in Google for certain key phrases? But what really matters is traffic – qualified traffic. And what matters even more than traffic is the number of calls and appointments you’re getting. And even more than that, revenue!
Let me make it easy for you. In order of importance, here’s how to evaluate your online marketing (which by the way you should wait a minimum of 3 months to do when you change your SEO strategy).
1. Are you selling more hearing aids? If you are, even if you can’t track it to a specific landing page, assuming you haven’t changed your offline marketing, your web marketing is most likely helping you build your brand.
2. Are you getting more inquiries, people calling your practice? If you are, there is a good chance your improved online marketing could be the cause.
3. Is your website getting more traffic? If it is, then clearly your online marketing strategy is working, but traffic from your website is only one small part of an effective online marketing strategy. Much of the increase in calls could be coming from your social media presence, the reviews on third party sites and from press releases, and other online lead generators.
Bottom line. Are you making more?
Online marketing is just one aspect, one component of any effective practice building strategy. Which is why we help our members use the full toolbox, online and offline strategies to grow their practices.